Terms and Conditions
Who we are
This website is owned and managed by Studio Basheva Ltd ©, a company incorporated in England and registered under number 06397126. Studio Basheva's registered office is 39 Fairfax Road, NW6 4EL, London.
Information collected and purpose
We ask you to provide your full name, title, full postal and email addresses. We will process and store this personal information internally only and will not disclose it to third parties. The information is gathered specifically for the purpose of conducting future business with you and for our marketing activities, such as writing to you with details of our services.
Amending or removing your details
You may amend your registration details at any time or ask us to remove your details from our files by writing to Studio Basheva Ltd at the above address or emailing Studio Basheva Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Studio Basheva reserves the right to take photographs of the completed works and any plans and drawing material served in preparation for the project.
Kathy Basheva, Architect assumes no liability for any home, portion of a home, or other structure which may be built from Drawings. The purchaser of the Drawings is responsible for reading and complying with the following before the start of construction.
A. Use of the Drawings
1. Any Drawings issued by Studio Basheva are the property of Studio Basheva ©, owned by Kathy Basheva, Architect. These Drawings are protected by Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Any use of the information contained herein beyond the one-time use authorised by the architect, or any duplication, publication, sale or distribution of any part of these Drawings without the prior written consent of Kathy Basheva, Architect represents a violation of UK Law subject to the prescribed penalties.
2. Once clients has paid full fees per stage, downloading of any PDF plan package grants the client as “Licensee” the right to use such documents to construct a single home. A single purchase of the Drawings allows duplication of prints solely for that purpose. Purchaser acknowledges that all rights of ownership, title, and interest in the copyrights, Drawings and derivatives remain with Stdio Basheva, by Kathy Basheva, Architect. Modified Drawings are considered derivatives of the original and receive the same copyright protection even if completely redrawn. License for use of the Drawings ends with the completion of the house (occupancy). Drawings are not transferable to a third party. This means if the house is not built the Drawings may not be sold to somebody else.
3. Any use of the Drawings, or modifications of the Drawings, by clients, contractors or others is done at their own risk. The information contained within the drawings is to indicate design intent. It is the contractor’s responsibility to provide standard construction details and practices which will result in a structurally sound and weatherproof finished product.
B. Content of the Drawings
1. Studio Basheva’s Drawings may not always include detailed electrical, plumbing, heating or air conditioning drawings due to the service level prescribed by the signed contract with the client. Licensee should have a local electrical engineer, mechanical engineer or contractor provide detailed electrical, plumbing, heating or air conditioning drawings as may be required for consents and construction.
2. The Drawings provided are for design intent and are not intended to be complete in all respects and details unless marked as such. Variations in standard sizes of window and door brands and types and use of different materials and thicknesses can change details.
3. No work, demolition, strip-out, removal or damage to building structural components will be allowed without written authorisation from a structural engineer.
4. All services shall be connected to provide gas, electric, and water to all equipment whether said services is in Contract or not. Equipment shall be guaranteed to function properly upon completion.
5. Manufacturer’s standard specifications and materials approved for project use are hereby made part of these Notes with same force and effect as if written out in full herein. All appliances, fixtures, equipment, hardware, etc. shall be installed in accordance with Manufacturer’s specifications and procedures.
6. Written words take precedence over drawn lines. Large-scale details and Drawings take precedence over smaller details and Drawings. Should a conflict arrive between the Specifications and Drawings, the requirements deemed most stringent shall be used.
7. Minor details not usually shown or specified but necessary for proper and acceptable construction, installation, or operation of any part of the Work shall be included in the Works as if it were specified or indicated on the Drawings.
8. All architectural notes are complimentary. What is indicated and called for by one shall be binding as though called for by all.
9. No deviation from the Drawings or Specifications or intent of same shall be made without the Client’s written approval.
10. All product schedules are indicated as Schedules i.e. Doors Schedules, Windows Schedule, Ironmongery Schedule.
C. Contractor’s Responsibility
1. It is the responsibility of the Contractor to assure that all work is in accordance with the latest Building Regulations. It is the builder’s responsibility to assure that all work is in accordance with the latest edition of all applicable fire department standards, utility company standards and best practices.
2. It is the responsibility of the Contractor to assure that all manufactured articles, material, and equipment are applied, installed, connected, erected, used, cleaned, adjusted, operated and conditioned as directed by the manufacturers. Contractor shall follow all instructions to sustain and preserve all expressed or implied warranties and guarantees.
3. It is the responsibility of the Contractor to assure that all materials, equipment and components are new and of good quality as specified.
4. It is the responsibility of the Contractor to check all dimensions and details for overall accuracy appropriate to the local conditions and the final selection of materials such as masonry, floor joists, structural members, construction panels, roofing, etc., all of which can create variations in dimensions and details.
5. It is the responsibility of the Principle Contractor to arrange for all tests and inspections as specified or otherwise required by the local building control and shall pay all costs and fees for the same. The Principle Contractor shall secure Building Control Approval and upon completion of the project (prior to final payment) deliver to the Client a Building Control Certificate.
6. It is the responsibility of the builder to use licensed contractors/subcontractors for all plumbing and electrical work. Contractors/subcontractors shall submit all required permits, certificates and insurances to the Client for their records prior to final completion.
7. It is the Principle Contractor’s responsibility to confirm all dimensions, be familiar with the existing conditions, and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Architect prior to submission of construction proposal and before beginning work. Drawings may be scaled for estimating purposes and for general reference only. For all other dimensions or locations consult the Architect or refer to dimensions on Drawings. All dimensions to be verified on site.
8. The principle Contractor shall lay out all work and be responsible for all dimensions and conditions for trades such as electrical, plumbing, etc. If any discrepancies are on site, the Architect should be notified with immediate effect.
9. All Work shall be guaranteed for a minimum one year after final approval, unless local laws require a longer warranty period. The General Contractor shall sign the written guarantee as provided by the Owner. The guarantee shall cover all general and subcontractor work. All defects discovered during this period shall be repaired to the Owner’s satisfaction at the Contractor’s expense.
1. Names of materials and manufacturers shown on any Drawings do not represent an endorsement or recommendation by Kathy Basheva, Architect. Final selections of materials are the responsibility of the homeowner and/or builder, including, but not limited to proper installation of materials, nailing, gluing, caulking, insulating, flashing, roofing, weatherproofing and many other small items and details not necessarily indicated on the Drawings, and over which Kathy Basheva, Architect has no control or responsibility. Kathy Basheva, Architect shall not be held liable for any errors, omissions, or deficiencies in any form by any party whatsoever.
Copyright © 2016 Studio Basheva Ltd